The Edgetek™ Engineering Thermoplastic Compounds portfolio covers a broad range of standard and custom formulated high-performance materials including high-temperature materials for elevated service temperature environments, high modulus structural materials for load-bearing high-strength applications and flame-retardant products.
Edgetek compounds are based on select engineering thermoplastic resins that are compounded with reinforcing additives to modify and expand on the performance of the base resin:
- Carbon fibers improve a compound’s physical properties and also provide
electrical conductivity and EMI/RFI shielding.
- Glass Fibers improve the strength, stiffness, creep resistance, dimensional
stability, toughness, heat distortion, hardness and electrical insulation.
- Glass beads improve surface appearance, dimensional stability, electrical
insulation and stiffness and minimize warpage.
The Edgetek portfolio is focused in three functional areas:
- Structurally Reinforced Compounds, utilizing glass or carbon fibers to dramatically improve strength, dimensional stability, toughness and load-bearing ability.
- High-Temperature Compounds, based on both amorphous and semi-crystalline resins, which retain their physical properties and dimensional stability at elevated
- Flame-Retardant Compounds, offering UL certification and compliance while maintaining the performance of the base engineering resin.
Additional benefits and features of Edgetek compounds include significantly lower cost compared to machined components, reduced weight, design flexibility and part consolidation. Edgetek is an ideal choice for applications in a variety of primary industries, including transportation, industrial, household, healthcare, telecommunications, and electrical and electronic.